Ultraflux CODMinisonic-ISD Clamp on Interface Detectors for ATEX Zones
CODMINISONIC-ISD detects the change of product in a pipeline by measuring the speed of sound. The speed of sound is a physical property of the product and is associated to density or concentration.
Minisonic ISD also detects the passage of pigs and spheres in a pipeline by the analysis of the acoustic signal.
The measurement of the speed of sound depends on the temperature and pressure, so correction for these factors is sometimes required.
The Minisonic ISD is an ATEX system in an explosion proof enclosure.
- measurement of the speed of sound which has a correlation to density and concentration (early warning of refined oil interface on oil pipelines)
- interface detection of product change
- detector of the passage of spheres
- pipe diameters from 4" to 60" programmable measurements : 500 to 2000m/s
- wide range of measurable fluids
- the external probe can be buried without any contact with liquid
- easy installation without cutting into the pipe
- no shut down of the process
- static system without wearing out or servicing
- no pressure drop
- no constraint of straight piping length
- fast response time
- great sensitivity great accuracy : speed of sound resolution to +-0.1m/s with a rate of 200Hz
- cost independent of the pipe diameter
- possible compensation of pressure and temperature influence